Become a Wildlife Protector and make the choice to give wildlife a voice.
About the Program
By supporting the Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland (Wildlife Queensland) through the Wildlife Protector Program, you are helping to ensure that we continue to campaign for wildlife in Queensland and launch new projects to help protect these animals and their habitats in the future.
Why Become a Wildlife Protector
- Give your concern for wildlife a real impact and empower Wildlife Queensland to work for wildlife on your behalf.
- Donating regularly makes a direct difference to wildlife and allows us to plan for the future to ensure quality, on-going programs.
- Strength in numbers - your contribution shows your support and is an effective way of lending us your voice when campaigning on issues affecting wildlife in Queensland.
- Your donation is 100% tax deductible.
- You choose the amount you want to give - from as little as 66c a day.
It's the easiest way for a busy person to make a real difference to wildlife in Queensland.
Wildlife Protectors receive regular updates to keep them in touch with wildlife issues and campaigns in Queensland and Australia.
Who can be a Wildlife Protector? Anyone can be a wildlife protector - as long as you are aged 18 or over. You don't have to be an individual - a group, a business or a whole school can be a Wildlife Protector.
Koalas are considered at risk in Queensland
Photo © WPSQ
How to Join
- Email your details (name, address, other contact information) to Wildlife Queensland. A volunteer will get in touch with you to talk about joining the program.
- Call Wildlife Queensland on +61 7 3221 0194 in business hours.
Payments are made monthly by direct debit or credit card. The donation is debited from your account on the 15th of each month or the nearest working day. Donations of $25 per month or over are greatly appreciated.
Wildlife Queensland and Wildlife Protectors
Wildlife Queensland needs Wildlife Protectors.
The Wildlife Protector Program helps Wildlife Queensland work for wildlife:
- supporting our urban wildlife campaign and providing information and advice on urban wildlife issues.
- supporting our coastal protection and coastal management campaigns.
- supporting our practical projects to preserve the habitat and survival of endangered species, including the northern hairy-nose wombat, the bilby, Coxen's fig parrot and the mahogany glider.
- extending Wildlife Queensland's wildlife education work.
- helping to bring an end to duck and quail hunting in Queensland and other atrocities against Queensland's native fauna.
How the Wildlife Protector Program helps Wildlife Queensland work for wildlife:
- supporting our hands-on wildlife projects such as Quoll Seekers Network, PlatypusWatch or the Queensland Glider Network
- supporting our campaign to preserve and maintain the Stock Route Network for the good of wildlife
- extending Wildlife Queensland’s educational and community awareness work.
Photo © Halley
In March 2004, WPSQ expanded its activities. These activities needed an immediate and sustained funding boost. The Society saw the Wildlife Protector Program as a way to empower all people in the community to make a change.
Where does the money go?
All the money goes to ensure that Wildlife Queensland successfully and effectively achieves positive outcomes for wildlife in Queensland by maintaining our campaigns, projects and an effective core body.
How much can I give?
The minimum amount is 66c a day or $20 dollars a month with no maximum amount. Give as much as you can sustainably afford.
What if I change my mind?
You can stop your donation at any time by putting your decision in writing to WPSQ head office or you can post-pone your payments for as long as you want, as often as you want - you only need to contact our office with the dates (please give at least five days notice prior to the 15th).
How do I know my name won't be passed to every other charity in Queensland?
For more information on Wildlife Queensland's activities, email us or phone +61 7 3221 0194.